Member Rights and Responsibilities
We must honor your rights as a Member of My Choice Family Care.
- We must provide information in a way that works for you.
- We must treat you with dignity, respect, and fairness at all times.
- We must ensure that you get timely access to your covered services
- We must protect the privacy of your personal health information.
- We must give you access to your medical records.
- We must give you information about My Choice Family Care, our network of providers, and available services.
- We must support your right to make decisions about your services.
- You have the right to file a grievance or appeal if you are dissatisfied with your care or services.
Things you need to do as a Member of My Choice Family Care are listed below. If you have any questions, please contact your Care Team. We’re here to help.
- Become familiar with the services in the Family Care benefit package. This includes understanding what you need to do to get your services.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing development of your care plan.
- Participate in the Resource Allocation Decision (RAD) process to find the most cost-effective ways to meet your needs and support your long-term care outcomes. Members, families, and friends share responsibility for the most cost-effective use of public tax dollars.
- Talk with your Care Team about ways your friends, family, or other community and volunteer organizations may help support you or ways in which you can do more for yourself.
- Follow the care plan that you and your Care Team agreed to.
- Be responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment, or do not follow the instructions from your Care Team or providers.
- Use the providers or agencies that are part of My Choice Family Care, unless you and your Care Team decide otherwise.
- Follow My Choice Family Care’s procedures for getting care after hours.
- Notify us if you move to a new address or change your phone number.
- Notify us of any planned temporary stay or move out of the service area.
- Provide My Choice Family Care with correct information about your health care needs, finances, and preferences and tell us as soon as possible about any changes in your status. This includes signing a “release of information” form when we need other information you do not have easily available.
- Treat your team, home care staff, and service providers with dignity and respect.
- Accept services without regard to the provider’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, health, ethnicity, creed (beliefs), or national origin.
- Pay any monthly costs on time, including any cost share or room and board charges you may have. Let your Care Team know as soon as possible if you have problems with your payment.
- Use your Medicare and private insurance benefits, when appropriate. If you have any other health insurance coverage, tell My Choice Family Care and the Income Maintenance agency.
- Take care of any durable medical equipment (DME), such as wheelchairs, and hospital beds provided to you by My Choice Family Care.
- Report fraud or abuse on the part of providers or My Choice Family Care employees. If you suspect anyone of misuse of public assistance funds, including Family Care, you can call the fraud hotline or file a report online at:
- Do not engage in any fraudulent activity or abuse benefits. This may include:
- Call your Care Team for help if you have questions or concerns.
- Tell us how we are doing. From time to time, we may ask if you are willing to participate in Member interviews, satisfaction surveys, or other quality review activities. Your responses and comments will help us identify our strengths as well as the areas we need to improve. Please let us know if you would like to know the results of any surveys. We would be happy to share that information with you.