Our Story: As Unique as Our Members
My Choice Family Care is a unique managed care organization that will help you experience life at its fullest by developing your very own long-term care plan for a higher quality of life. Since 2000, we have been matching seniors and adults with physical or intellectual disabilities with services and providers in our growing, community-based care network. We are dedicated to providing services that help people maintain their independence in the community.
Our philosophy is built on a total commitment to working with members, families, advocates, friends, and others to:
- Promote respect and dignity
- Support the choices of our members
- Inform members about the benefits of their choices
- Promote member participation
- Use cost-effective methods
- Work within government policies and regulations
Plans That Put You In Control
Family Care provides a wide range of health and assistive services to help you meet your personal goals. Whether it’s finding a job in the community or maintaining independence in the home you love, we are here to help. Many of our members enjoy the flexibility of self-direction in determining who helps them to meet their goals, manage their health, and maintain community independence.
As a member, you are in control of your service plan, but you are never by yourself if you have questions or concerns. Your care team is here every step of the way, and you can choose to manage as few or as many services as you wish. Just tell us what you want and need, and we’ll provide information and support to help you live your life, your way.
Our entire team is dedicated to making sure you understand that you have a choice—and a voice—when it comes to how and where you receive services. In many cases, members do better in their own homes, and we help them get or stay there by creating a support system that includes family and friends as well as skilled care providers. More than just coordinating services, we create opportunities for members to be more self-sufficient and involved in their communities.
Choose Your Care, Choose Your Caregivers
The My Choice philosophy is built on giving you the right to make your own decisions and take control of your own care. As a member, you will have a care manager and a nurse to guide you, but you choose what services are important to you. It begins by setting specific goals for improving your physical, social, and mental well-being, then helping you select and hire providers so you can achieve those goals. In this partnership, we believe in ongoing communication to ensure your needs are being met and your care is valuable and effective.
Learn How to Enroll at Your Local ADRC
We currently serve 8,700 seniors and adults with physical, intellectual, or developmental disabilities, and are proud of our track record for delivering high quality care and services. If you are financially eligible for Medicaid and functionally eligible based on results of your Wisconsin Adult Long Term Care screening, we invite you to learn about your options for a different kind of care. As a state-funded program, Family Care membership requires you to discuss all your options with your local Aging and Disabilities Resource Center (ADRC). After a thorough assessment of your needs and eligibility, you will have the option of enrolling in My Choice Family Care for customized care plans as well as these unique benefits:
- In addition to our care managers and nurses, My Choice Family Care has a network of contracted providers who live and work in the communities we serve, so they are familiar with the area and all the resources available.
- Your care team will be in touch with you at least once a month to make sure your needs are being met, and that you are happy with your care and your providers.
- We have a wide range of resources available to you, including access to experts in behavioral health, dementia, dependency issues, employment, and more.
- We have a state-of-the-art computer system for coordinating your care, and can adapt your plan quickly if needed.
- We have flexibility to support you in more ways than traditional care, with the ultimate goal of enhancing your life on every level.